Rev. Alexander Scarborough was Born in Covington County, Miss, Jan 9, 1823 and departed this life November 12, 1904. Before reaching manhood he moved to Harrison County, Miss, where he lived the remainder of his life. He married Miss Elizabeth Flowers on May 1, 1849. Of this union twelve chil- dren were born. His wife and nine children survive him. He united with the M.E. Church, South in 1853: was converted in 1854, and licensed to preach; was ordained by a local deacon by Bishop J.C. Kenner on the twenty-third day of June, 1872 at Seashore Camp Ground; was ordained a local elder by Bishop J. C. Keener in 1881. He served as a supply on Black Creek mission in 1858. This was the only charge he ever served. He was conscious up to the last moments, and left a living testimony to the fact that all was well with him. His was a long and useful life, more than fifty years being devoted to the ministry of the gospel. Life to him was a sacred charge from the hand of God. Just and true in all his dealings, he was fearless, yet prudent, unfaltering in his devotion to the right. He was kind and patient with the wrong-doer; ready to lift up the fallen and restore the erring. His everyday life was in accord with his Profession. He lived the life that he professed. His ministry was one of love, and fraught with gracious results. Many in that day will rise up and call him blessed. A kind and indulgent father, a loving and devoted husband, a master in Israel has fallen. His body was gently laid to rest in the city of the dead at White Plains Church, where his membership had been kept for many years. "Blessed are the Dead which die in the Lord."